Tuesday 31 December 2019

A Year in Review 2019

Although there has inevitably been some new arrivals this year, most have come from charity shops and been real bargains... and of course I have made a lot of dolls this year, which really helped.  The dolls that didn't come from the CS I bought in January before Percy became ill which were on a long term wish list, and a couple that had been on my wish list for a very long time I bought when the opportunity arrived later on in the year.    I'd like to do even better next year on limiting my spending on dolls and doll items.  I will have to anyway as it seems Percy's treatment will be continuing for most of 2020 as well which has come to a bit of a shock to us as we thought the treatment would just be for a year.  So there will still be more dolls that will have to be sold, as well as the ones I still have for sale.  I AM negotiable on them, so if you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me.

Some highlights of the year are:


Henry getting a new head of hair and of course visiting New Zealand 



Finding Kiwi Sindy in an Op shop in NZ...just at the right time, when I needed a 'pick me up'.  She has become a firm favourite of mine.


My £1 vintage Action Man.


The making of Martha the Elephant (and her two sisters for my Mum and Sister) and doing a 50 plus day project with her.


Making my childhood doll Linda her first new dress ever!


Finding sweet baby Natalie for £1.30 in a Charity Shop.  What a high I got from that.


The making of Howard Bear and enjoying him.  


My Tiny Rag Dolls (minus three that were given as gifts)



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful year it has been! I have enjoyed seeing your projects unfold. I loved following the children's project with the Advent Calendar. I look forward to seeing what you create next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if Steve and I ever make it to England (it's on our 'To Go' list), we will definitely have to check out any and all 'Charity/Op Shops' we come across! Happy New Year to Lorraine, Henry, Peggy Sue, and everyone else at Rose Cottage! John

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.