A flower garden of dolls for May, with some little bees of course for pollination.
I had a lot of fun this month joining in on a doll collaboration/challenge of which was 'Flowers'. It was a lot of fun seeing what everyone else had done.
I made flowery dresses for a selection of my dolls including a doll I found in a disheveled state in a charity shop (the Disney doll with the bee dress on)
Molly was pleased to receive a new dress. I had actually made this for Peggy Sue but then realized I had used the wrong pattern, but not to worry, there is always a doll it would fit, so a happy ending.
This is Peggy Sue's dress. It is made with a vintage fabric.
I made this dress for my smiley blonde Paola Reina doll. I should have made her a headband to match as her stock one doesn't really.
This is a fake Blythe from Aliexpress. I am not really sure if I am going to keep her. I quite like just having the one, Helen that I found in a CS in NZ in 2019. This doll is lovely though and has amazing hair! She is wearing pansies on purple gingham to match her hair.
My CS Disney doll find who cleaned up beautifully is wearing a bee dress I made. We have been having a lot of drama with bees in and near our garden this month, with our neighbours having problems with bee swarms. They had six or seven I think it was in total, one of which came down to our place. The bees were very aggressive, and over the course of a few weeks made going into the garden almost impossible without being stung. I was stung three times! Fortunately they have had the bees and hives removed as it was just making life to difficult for them and their neighbours. Never before have I seen such aggressive bees. Normally you can work in the garden quite happily alongside them.
I made a dress out of some beautiful liberty fabric for Rose, my Smart Doll.
I made a love blue and yellow sunflower dress for Everlee Rose Morgan
Wren was thrilled to get a pansy dress.
Helen Blythe loves vibrant colours on black.
Kiwi Sindy wanted insects and butterflies on flowers.
I love the fabric her skirt is made from. I made a dress using this fabric almost ten years ago for a Sasha doll which went to a Sasha collector in NZ.
I only had scraps of the fabric left, so Madeline got a little bodice made from it with a gingham skirt.
This is similar to Kiwi Sindy's dress bit a different style with some added lace on the sleeves and skirt hem.
So that is the end of the 'Flowers for May' challenge and my take on it. Sewing these dresses gave me some much needed distraction for one to two hours a day which I so badly needed.