Saturday 28 September 2019

The Making of a Little Wooden Bed

The making of a little wooden dolls bed...  not quite as easy as it looked, especially as I didn't have all the right 'ingredients' and tools for the job.  Hopefully the next one I make will be a bit better (or preferably a LOT better!)  To say this first bed is a little 'squew wiff' is an understatement!




Martha lends an expert hand to measure up





After this stage I painted it, but must have forgotten to take a photo of it just painted.


I ended up making two mattresses as the first was a little short.


Martha shows Clipper the progress so far.


Today (Saturday) I made a pillow, pillowcase and two sheets.


The bed almost finished.  I want to make a little blanket and then patchwork quilt for the top.




6 comments:

  1. I love it! What a clever idea. I find that those wooden clothes pins are handy for all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was fun to make even if a little frustrating that I didn't have the right tools. Hopefully the next one will be better!

      Delete
  2. What a delightful little bed! It looks perfect, just the way you made it. The bedding is so cute. Martha will definitely have sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. You are so sweet. This little bed is for Clipper, Martha wants a slightly larger and 'new improved' version ;)

      Delete
  3. It's wonderful, better than mine which ended up in the bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nita. It was fiddly but fun to make. Hopefully the next one I make will be better. I might see if I can find some better tools to use to make it so the cuts are a bit straighter!

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.