Thursday 24 October 2019

Vintage Palitoy Action Man

I've been wanting a Vintage Palitoy Action Man for a long time... why?  Who knows?  I just have.  So imagine my delight when I saw a bundle of action men dolls on the shelf in the local charity shop....although admittedly I wasn't expecting much, when languishing behind the box they were in was a fabulous guy from the sixties.  He was missing his hands and didn't have any clothes, but he was definitely coming home with me!



No hands, but still has his hand pegs.


I think for an Action Man he has rather a pleasant face.  

Someone made the comment that they 'based Daniel Craig' on Action Man!  Hahaha 

I discovered you could get hands on Evilbay, so I ordered a set for him and got knitting.


Using a vintage pattern, I knitted this green sweater, which is definitely needed at the moment as the weather is rather unpleasant. His hands arrived today and I finished his sweater last night.


Just got to think of a suitable name for him now.  Dennis and Frank are currently in the running...

3 comments:

  1. He looks great, and you did such a nice job with that tiny little sweater. I think he definitely looks like a Dennis LOL I agree his face is really nice. He kind of reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farrah, lovely of you to visit! :) I think Dennis he is too, strange isn't it?!

      Delete
  2. Haha, this really brings back memories. We had an identical doll in the US known as GI Joe. I had a talking GI Joe. You pulled his dog tag-string, and he would rattle on about a secret mission, and rendezvousing before dawn. Of course after repeated pulling, it eventually just turned to incomprehensible babble! John says that as a child, he always wanted a GI Joe, but never got one. I love the rugged 'manly' sweater. He does look a bit like Daniel Craig!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.