Thursday 10 October 2019

A Mix n Match Wardrobe - Part Two.

Clipper's new mix n match wardrobe is growing and transforming.  I am thinking that some of the original clothing I made her (with the purple hues) might be going to another doll and she will stick with greens and browns, and now reds which she insisted were added most recently.  I am having a lot of fun with her wardrobe, and loving how it is evolving.



While I had a few days off from knitting I made her a red jacket which I showed in my Creative Week Summary post on Sunday.   I added a little red gingham skirt with a trim that brings in the greens.  I think I will make her a pair of red boots as well. 


This is her wardrobe to date.  

I can see at a glance what I need to add:

A couple of bags, some shoes and some boots for the colder weather.  Perhaps a long sleeve cardigan or two would be nice additions too.


Yesterday while she was out with me on my walk she wore her new skirt made with fabric I had dyed with marigolds from my garden.  She posed for some of the people in the group as they wanted to take a photo of her.


The fabrics above show the before and after photos of the fabrics I dyed.  The shades of greens to the right were dyed in Marigolds and the fabric bottom left was dyed with beetroot grown in our garden, which was a surprise as it dyes your hands red, yet the fabric went almost a beige colour.  


Difficult to see that this is a green shade in this photo.


I put a little button at the back and the skirt is tightened with a little drawstring.  This works really well with these tiny skirts.


I knitted an olive green tee, hat and shawl with the very last of that colour of gorgeous NZ Merino wool I bought last year.  I had just enough to make the ties - with one inch left over!




A friend started doing a chart for me - I love this!

2 comments:

  1. I am in awe of all the little outfits you've been making for your dolls!
    I really need to do likewise, and spend more time crafting for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, always appreciated. I have just hopefully followed your blog, and will go back to read later today when I have a bit more time.

      Oh yes, you must do, it is such fun, making them little clothes :)

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.