Saturday 20 March 2021

How hard can it be?

  Easy peasy, surely, everyone else does it!


Having tried unsuccessfully to sell my Jecci Five doll, I decided as she was a memory of my last trip to NZ, (Op shop finds!) I would keep her and get her one of those jointed bodies I had seen.  (The thought of having a new body really appeals to me at the moment, as I continue my battle with ever increasing pain!) I found one on Aliexpress, and decided to take the chance and make an order which arrived surprisingly quick.


I was surprised by the weight of the body.  It definitely wasn't light and flimsy.


I just unscrew these three screws right?


and then exchange the bodies?

Wrong!  Definitely not as easy as it looks.  The head was very difficult to get apart and I only managed 'just' to get it open enough to take the old body off and insert the new body.  My goal to also repair her eyelashes, by giving her new ones that also arrived with the package from Aliexpress was thwarted!)  I didn't want to force the head apart as I was afraid I might break it, and had already unfortunately made a couple of dents in the back plate on one side as I tried to lever the head open.  As for taking photos of these stages that was completely forgotten about!  So we only have the final 'ta da' moment.




Here she is showing off her new body in her pretty little dress I had bought from Bella's Doll Clothes a while back.  The boots were also in my stash from a some I had bought Sindy a couple of years ago, and they fit well.


Sassy Jecci


Change of colour of her eyes.

Shame about the eyelashes....



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.