Monday 17 April 2017

Re-Introducing Pauline

This doll was originally introduced on my 'How Many Dolls' blog back in 2015 on 12th April when she came home with me from New Zealand.  My Mum gave her to me one evening and told me she was her doll when she was a little girl and would like me to have her. This is what makes this doll special, not because she actually was, but because that is what my Mum believed (sadly my Mum has Alzheimers) and as such this is a doll I will always treasure.  I gave her a clean up (original photos can be seen on the post linked above) and she has been wearing this little yellow dress ever since.  

The doll was probably made in the 70s or 80s.  She was made in Brazil by Estrela and is marked on the back of her head 10712-33 M14.  She has a crying mechanism - she cries when tipped and is made of hard plastic.  

I gave her my Mum's name - Pauline.




2 comments:

  1. You're right, she is special. My dad had Alzheimer's too, so I know how sad this is for relatives.
    Pauline looks very cheerful in her yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely doll and such a sweet story. You will always treasure this doll.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.