Wednesday 13 June 2018

Sasha & Gregor Friends.

To all my Sasha & Gregor friends, followers and those who might happen to pop by to read my blog - (not sure how many there are now, as there are few 'followers'  and as mentioned before, not sure whether this represents who actually DOES read my ramblings anyway), I wanted to say sorry for the severe lack of posts related to your favourite dolls.  I am not sure if I am 'all storied' out, a 'been there photographed that', told such and such story/set up such and such scene, or what is the case, but I just don't seem to be able to think up anything to actually write about.  I don't want this to just be a blog where I just post photos of the dolls in clothes, and leave at that, I like to tell stories, only I don't have any stories to tell. Why this is I am not quite sure.  Actually I don't really have any stories to tell about any of the dolls at moment, apart from the daily photos I am taking of Mini AG Julie for the  June Photo Challenge.  I thought at first it was because I had lost my main 'photography area' which I use during the winter months, but now of course it is much brighter I would normally be taking lots of outdoor photos for stories, but they are just not happening.

So that is where I am at at the moment - in limbo, looking for inspiration, but not really finding it.

10 comments:

  1. Following now--yeah! I'd love to see photos of Rory and your pond. Also, any progress on a tree fort? May inspiration come to you soon, your post are always enjoyed very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, your comments are always so encouraging. Hmm...the tree fort, has kind of not made any progress at all. I haven't been able to do what I want to do with it, and hubby is too busy to do the heavy work for me. The boys are very frustrated!

      Rory has been busy watching the pond because of the newts, but is disappointed the frog seems to have disappeared, and we had another year without tadpoles. I will see if he is keen to do a post - perhaps tomorrow if the weather is good. Thanks for the idea :)

      Delete
    2. Send me a message about what you want to do with the tree fort - we have tools, timber and some creativity so maybe we can help realise the tree fort dream. Might need some measurements too.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Anna, I will have a think and work out measurements etc and get back to you - probably be in about a week. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry that you are struggling with inspiration right now, though I can understand. I love to write, but am currently fighting a very long-lasting writer's block. I apologize for not commenting more often on your lovely blog. I follow all of them religiously (Holidays With Henry, Hitty At Rose Cottage, and Rose Cottage Friends), but with my current schedule, reading the lovely stories and admiring the wonderful pictures is about all I have time to do. My me-time is in rather short supply at the moment, so I have to economize and make the best use of the time I have. Please do not feel discouraged. Your blogs are delightful, and I am sure your fans will understand if you are need to take a bit of a break. We are perfectly happy to wait until you can find the stories and pictures in your heart once more. Please do not feel that what you do is not appreciated. All our love. The Fern Forest Contingent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Elisabeth. It is nice to know that you are still checking in on me and enjoying. Henry does have some posts to blog about, hopefully will get round to that in the next week or two. Just trying to rest my hands from too much computer (photo editing) work as they have been giving me a lot of pain the last couple of weeks. Thank you again and hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. Relax.... you can't force inspiration, and it has nothing to do with hard work or character. It will come when it wants to. And I like photos of your dolls in clothes... really enjoyed the forget me nots week.
    But in the meantime, Julie is right: how is Rory?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Good to know you enjoyed the forget me not week. They have all gone now sadly as I would have liked to have done some more photos with them. Rory is busy at the moment - I am not quite sure what he is busy at, but whenever I ask him he just says 'I'm busy' and wanders off....

      Delete
  4. It's not easy thinking of new stuff every week. And then sometimes one has an idea but not the energy or time to develop it. You have built up a very impressive body of work over the past eight years! I love to go back and revisit the "golden oldies". Holly Belle and Daisy say "hi" to Peggy Sue, and Charles extends greetings to his fellow redheaded frog enthusiast Rory.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rory will probably be out and about next week sometime. :) Peggy Sue say hello back to Holly Belle and Daisy (two? Did I miss one??)

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.