Friday 3 January 2020

The New Year - The Year of Twenty!

The Year of Twenty!

Last year was a Creative Year...this year I want to somehow have the focus on 'twenty'.  I have had various ideas so far... some good and probably some impossible...so currently in the thinking process.  

Perhaps I could see if I can focus on twenty dolls (insert manic laughing here!) ...  with a view to eventually refining my collection significantly.  Of course this could be doomed to failure, especially knowing how sentimental I am!  There is a big part of me that would like to do this however, as I often feel very overwhelmed by my doll and prop collection and find it difficult to focus on just where I want to be headed and what I want to do. Jack of All Trades (or Collections!) springs to mind.

Of course I could use 'Twenty' in other ways...perhaps creatively....make twenty dresses, knit twenty items, animals, etc...  who knows the ideas could be endless?

I could sort out some groups of dolls with a maximum of twenty per group - which seems a lot, but if you think about my Sasha & Gregor doll family for example, it would be very easy to have twenty in the group as I am sure other Sasha collectors could relate to.

At the moment a lot of my dolls are still packed away, and probably will be for a while yet...so in a way it will be easier to focus on the few dolls I have out...I wonder just how many that is?


These are the dolls and two bears who are currently not packed away.  They conveniently add up to twenty! Although Romeo and Romeo Jr (my two monkeys) and Hilda Lawrence (Howard's wife) are not in the group and they are out.  


Some creative ideas are...

Finish carving my Hitty doll (who I think will be my 10th) and make twenty items of clothing for her.  I am optimistically hoping to finish carving her this month as there is a 'Carve a Hitty in January' Challenge on at the moment...and then to slowly work on her wardrobe of twenty items.

Make some Tiny Rag Dolls for my Etsy Shop - I know this probably won't happen until later on, perhaps March time... If I do, I think the maximum I will probably make will be twenty, and I don't suppose I will manage that in one year...but it is food for thought.

Visit twenty different places with Henry or my other travel companions and blog about those places.


I'd love to know what my friends and readers of this blog are doing this year with their dolls, collections etc...  so please feel free to share.



4 comments:

  1. I like the idea of 20 things. Yes, please do make some tiny dolls for the etsy shop!

    I am not crafty so I can't make things. I would be likely to watch 20 TV shows, which is not at all creative (laugh).

    I am chairing our Doll Club luncheon so I working on that. I also need to create a list of the dolls I own and their values for my records.

    This year, we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment here in the USA. It gave women the right to vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it sounds like you will have lots of things going on this year, very exciting. It will be interesting to see what ideas you come up with.
      Creating a list of the dolls and values is a good idea as well. I need to update mine.

      Delete
  2. I am busy trying to downsize my miniatures collection. It has spent too much time sitting in the cupboard unappreciated. Quite a task to decide what stays and what goes! Happy 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your downsizing, it is not easy is it?! Happy 2020 to you too, I hope it is a good one.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.