Monday 12 June 2023

Swallows Rest Diary: Part Two - A Vintage Triang Dolls House No. 55 from 1963



This is one of the shelving units that came with the dolls house. 


I liked it but wanted to make a plate rack.  I considered altering this, but as it is an original piece I decided to make my own.


This is how it turned out.



It fits some plates in nicely.





I put it on the wall.



I also made another shelve unit and put it on the other wall.



Gladys likes it very much indeed.


She has already started to use the shelves.



I also made the back 'window' with the fabulous view up the garden. 
It is big, but it lets in lots of light. 


At the back you can see I also made a little shelf which holds a tea towel.


All the items I have made so far have been made predominantly using cereal boxes, tooth picks and lollipop sticks.  





 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! And as a bonus, you're inspiring me to go and make more furniture myself! 😃🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is wonderful. Please do read 'Newer Posts' to see more of the furniture I have made to give you inspiration and let me know if you make anything : -)

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.