Monday 19 June 2023

Swallows Rest Diary: Part Three - A Vintage Triang Dolls House No. 55 from 1963


There is now house name sign above the front door which Gladys is very proud of.


It feels like a real home with a sign above the door.


I'm really pleased with how the sign turned out.


In the bedroom the boys have decided who is going to sleep where.  I've made the matching bedding for them. 


Posters are being stuck on the walls, although their Mum (Gladys) has told them that once it is decorated they won't be allowed to stick pictures on the wall....I wonder if they will take any notice?


Gerald has just come home from work and is having a rest in the lounge. 


Two baskets have been made for vegetable produce.


These will go in the kitchen.


This one will hold the potatoes from the garden that Gerald works so hard on.


I've made a new dresser as I wanted something a little narrower than the existing one, but taller.  I'm really pleased with this.


I think Gladys is too.  It fits in nicely by the sink which is now centered under the window.


She doesn't have many groceries for the shelves yet...

 

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful doll house, and the view from the window above the sink is amazing ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire, I am lucky to have such a view in real life too 😊

      Delete
  2. I've just discovered these three posts, and have really enjoyed them. I love vintage dolls houses, and yours is an absolute gem; so pristine looking (all houses should look that good after 60 years)! You're doing a lovely job with the decorating.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve just discovered your comment. Thanks so much 😊 I’m having such fun. Most of the updates have been on YouTube. I need to update my blog. Lorraine.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.