Tuesday 6 June 2023

Swallows Rest Diary: Part One - A Vintage Triang Dolls House No. 55 from 1963

After several failed starts, and selling off all but one of my dolls houses, I now have a new enthusiasm for all things tiny after finding this delightful Triang dolls house locally, back in April.  It was an absolute bargain and came with a load of furniture too, so I was very pleased and very excited.  


It is a Tri-ang No. 55 from 1963 and in very good condition. I just love it!


The inside has some flooring down but is otherwise a blank slate for me to work on.




I popped some of the furniture that came with the house into the bottom three floors and papered the kitchen.


The carpet sweeper I already had and I also had the little pots.


I used some scrapbook paper I had.  (I should have a huge box of scrapbook paper, but I can't seem to find it after the move, so I am not sure what happened to it which is a real shame)


The first thing I made was the little coffee table.


Plus I put some of my paintings on the wall.  


Muriel and an unnamed lady are discussing who should take over the house.

Looking forward to continuing to work on this charming little house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.