Thursday 31 December 2020

A Year in Review: 2020

Summing up the year...

It has been a strange year in so many ways, and I have been less involved with the dolls for a number of reasons. Most of which I won't go into on here.

There have been a few 'departures' and there will be more in the New Year as I refine my collection and focus.  I have had a lot of time to think about what direction I want to go in, and have a few ideas brewing.  I will be cutting down/stopping  posting on the social media platforms I am on and just posting on my blogs, this one and my Sasha blog: Sasha Haven   

I had a couple of creative periods where I made bears and tiny rag dolls, but in between those I have not had much creative mojo happening at all.  The bears and TRDs can be seen on previous posts.


I had four new dolls this year - one of which will be leaving.  The newbies are:



December saw the arrival of Sam just before Christmas - a gift to myself after seeing her on Ebay brand new in box for less than half the usual price.  I have wanted her for a long time, I think it is the orange tights! and so couldn't pass up the chance to get her.  I was a bit worried about whether I would like her or not as I have been quite 'off' dolls this year, and didn't like the boy doll Max when he arrived earlier in the year (shown below, and I am selling him).  



I got this sweet little Kathe Kruse doll in December as well and really like him.  I used to have three of these little dolls but sold them all a few years ago.  



A boy was added to the Gregor family in July, and has settled in well.



This is Max,  I thought I would really like him as I like boy dolls, and I should have sent him straight back without opening him, but I did open him, took a few photos and then put him straight back in the box where he has remained ever since.  For some reason I just don't like him, so he is looking for a new home.


Interestingly looking back on my first post of the year:


I didn't do too bad in sticking to my thoughts...I certainly created twenty items - more in fact.
I kept pretty much to the twenty dolls I had out at the beginning of the year, which was an interesting experiment.  Although I know I could never get down to just the twenty dolls.  I definitely like my Sasha and Schoenhut dolls too much to cut down on them, although will be cutting down on a lot of the other smaller vintage type dolls.  'Lockdown' put paid to visiting a lot of places with Henry, although he did visit a few places which was fun, and I hope to continue that more in the New Year.  I haven't felt much like taking travel companions out and about with me this year, but perhaps that will change.

I never finished my Carve a Hitty nor made her twenty items of clothing.  Getting ready for a move put paid to that, and she has sat on my shelf by my computer ever since...just waiting to be finished.

So that was pretty much my year really.  

I hope everyone has a good New Year's Eve.


1 comment:

  1. It is funny how connecting with some dolls just doesn't happen when they arrive, I hope you find a buyer for the boy. I'm still holding out hope that it might be safe to visit you sometime later in 2021 but we'll have to see how things go.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.