Saturday 4 April 2020

Bellamy & Tiny Rag Dolls


Bellamy's Solitary Wanderings did take him to the bay again today, but he wanted his photo taken in our garden instead today... so naturally I obliged.

I finished one of the tiny rag dolls yesterday and popped her through my neighbours letter box.  I got a lovely phone call in the evening to say she was delighted with her, and that she has called her Betsy which is so wonderful. It really made my evening to know how much she loved her.

Here are Betsy's in progress and made photos:


I made the outfit first.  The little apron is reversible, but I forgot to take a photo of the other side.


I embroidered a little heart on her chest, and obviously her features and crocheted her hair.


I signed her 'posterior'. 


Pantaloons made from some soft muslin that used to be my Mum's.


The dress does up with a little button at the back.





She had a quick wander round our garden with Petunia Creek before she set off for next door.


I really enjoyed making this little doll for my neighbour.

Today I worked on my doll.


A vintage handkerchief was used for her pantaloons.  I haven't decided whether to gather the hems or not yet.


A reversible apron, this is one side...


The other side has a pocket.


Dress and hair.  She was going to have multicoloured hair, but I wasn't happy with it so she ended up with yellow hair instead...still not sure if this will stay or if I will change it.


Her name is Daisy Spring and she is an earth child.







I've enjoyed making these two dolls and very hopeful my mojo has returned properly.

2 comments:

  1. Bellamy is showing us how to meditate and just breathe.

    Betsy and Daisy are new neighbors. I think they will become friends.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.