Saturday 14 March 2020

Doll Making: A Gail Wilson Kit Set - Part One.

Second Post for today. 



I received a lovely box of Gail Wilson Doll kits that used to belong to a dear friend of mine who passed away.  I felt a bit out of my depth when I first opened the box to see all the wonderful kits, as the instructions looked very wordy and complicated.  So I looked through them all and then put them back in the box for a few days.  But this is silly as I want to do justice to these kits in memory of my friend and also as a thank you to her friend who kindly sent them to me.


I went back through them all individually.


I really wanted to make this one first, but was disappointed to discover the fabric for her fabulous dress pictured isn't included in the kit.


This one is cute too.


In the end after much deliberation I settled on this one.  
There are two kits, one for the doll and one for an outfit.



I looked at all the bits, browsed through the instructions and then put it aside for another couple of days.


Today I made a start. 


Fortunately the paints were still okay.  As they were several years old I was a bit worried they might have gone off.  I had to improvise with what to use to stick the tooth picks in that held the limbs.  A potato seemed to work just fine.


Now drying off ready for the next stage.



2 comments:

  1. I am excited to see you go through the process of making the doll and the outfit. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun, if a little daunting to start. I shall love seeing your progress making her and her outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.