Sunday 1 December 2019

The Dolls' Advent Calendar Challenge - Day One

On a group I belong to we are having a little photo challenge for Advent.  The idea is to simply post a photo of a doll a day from our collection from 1st December until 24th December and to include some special titbits about why the doll is special to us.  Could be a childhood doll, one we have made, or other special memories, such as waited a long time, or what we particularly like about the doll. 

Today's doll is Skipper who is a childhood doll of mine.


I remember when I got her in New Zealand although can't remember exactly what age I was. I was so excited.  She came in kind of bed basket with a small bundle of clothes of which most I believe I still have.  She has had a bit of a hard life as she got chewed by one of my Mum's dogs and lost a hand, but fortunately I was able to replace it a few years ago thanks to a lady in the USA on a Skipper/Barbie FB group who sent me the correct arm for her body.  I pierced her ears which seemed to be all the rage in those days so she has greening to her face and ears sadly, but I still love her and have fond memories of the enjoyment I got from her when young.  I noticed when dressing her that the back of her head is split which is a little worrying.  Not sure if I should leave it alone or try doing a repair.





I discovered she fits Hitty dresses today so she is borrowing one.  Now I know this size pattern fits I make make her one of her own.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this photo challenge with us. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.