Monday 4 November 2019

Tiny Rag Doll Swap Received.

Back in September I wrote about a Tiny Rag Doll Swap I was doing with a friend in the USA.  Well there was a lot of excitement at Rose Cottage this afternoon as the Tiny Rag Doll Village welcomed a newcomer to their midst.


Miss Edie Brooks, Audrey, Clipper and Lucy were very interested in the parcel, but briefly posed for a photo of them with it.


A package full of goodies!


I had such fun unwrapping all the little tissue packages.


Just look at all these wonderful items!

A stunning TRD, her wardrobe, some yarn, hemostats, which will be very useful for turning and stuffing tiny things.  A journal, which I am sure will be continued.  I will have to take another photo of this as I forgot!


The girls wait patiently behind so as not to overwhelm her.


Her name is Petunia Creek - she came with the name Petunia, and she told me her surname was Creek after where she was 'born' at  "On Bay Creek".  I just love her hat, I have long admired Dawn's hats she makes for her TRD, so was absolutely thrilled to receive one with Petunia.  Look at her fabulous skirt as well.  Isn't it just perfect?


Just look at this wonderful wardrobe.  Beautiful hand dyed items.  So exciting!  I just love it all.


Clipper even got a little parcel.


A cute little crochet top.


She thinks it will go perfectly with her polka dot skirt.


It does!


Not sure what happened to Lucy and Audrey...I think they must have been admiring all the goodies and planning what is going to be made with the wonderful yarn...little do they know some of it is already earmarked for a project.


Clipper couldn't wait to take her out in the garden.


So rushed in fact was Clipper, she didn't realise her skirt was all 'wonky'!  


They take a walk down to the pond to see if they can spot any wildlife.  None was to be seen, so they wandered on.


They admired the roses that are still valiantly blooming despite the very changeable wet and windy weather.



Thank you for the wonderful swap Dawn, I feel very lucky to have been able to share this experience with you, and even luckier to have one of your special dolls.  I will treasure her for always.


4 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read and see the photos! It seems pretty remarkable that the doll and clothes I made are going to live way over across the Atlantic in your house. I'm tickled that you liked everything and that Clipper's top did indeed match the skirt as I was hoping. I had to laugh about Clipper's skirt being wonky because she was excited. That sort of thing often happens with my dolls and I don't notice until I see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun to think the little dolls we made are now living on virtually the opposite sides of the world to each other. This was a thoroughly enjoyable and special experience. Glad that Clipper isn't the only one who 'wears wonky' every now and again! The top was a perfect match!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely new doll and what a beautiful wardrobe.

    I loved the photos of the two new friends taking a stroll. I have a feeling that there are going to be some great adventures in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. A gorgeous little doll and wardrobe indeed. They are sure going to have fun together.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.