Thursday 7 November 2019

A is for... Amelia Amborella

Some people in a group I belong to are taking part in a challenge based on this book:



At first I couldn't decide whether to make a new doll for this challenge or use an existing one... as it turned out I made a new doll - featured in yesterday's post.   I had a lovely evening to myself so I worked on her features and and gave her a few accessories.


Earrings and a necklace, plus a little heart embroidered on her chest.


These pantaloons had already been made, but were going spare. I made these when in NZ with some fabric from my Mum's old  sewing work box.  There wasn't much left, but this was just perfect for making pantaloons from being a very soft muslin type fabric.


This dress had already been made and was going spare - I made two as this one was too long for the doll I had originally planned it for, but is perfect for her.


Her name is Amelia Amborella, continuing the plant theme that most of my dolls have.  Amborella is a small evergreen shrub and you can find more information about it on Wikipedia.


A  is for Amelia Amborella

D is for Dress/es

E is for Earrings

N is for Necklace

P is for Pantaloons

I have a whole list of other ideas for items I plan to make for her.  Shoes will be the next priority, as she'd like to go outside to explore!


4 comments:

  1. Well, it looks like she is going to have a nice wardrobe. I love her accessories. I think the heart is very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. :) I am really pleased with how she is shaping up.

      Delete
  2. Love her fancy necklace and earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia is adorable! I love her shade of hair...and the dress picks it up so nicely. Sweet pantaloons; it is wonderful that they require to little fabric that even a small piece of cherished material can be used. She just looks so full of love.

    warmly,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.