Friday 11 October 2019

A Bloke!

I have made two male dolls, but one is most definitely a little boy - Abel, who is Henry's travel doll, and the other is Maurice/Mavis who of course is in the undercover/resistance.  I wanted to try and make 'a bloke'.  This is not as easy as it sounds and have been thinking and planning him for a while. I figured I needed to make a more 'manly' body this time, or at least one that wasn't as curvy as the girls.  I drew up a pattern basing it on the existing pattern as I wanted the doll to be the same size as the ladies. 


I cut the pieces out, sewed them together.



Stuffed them.


Sewed the limbs on and then set to work on the face and hair - both head and facial hair!


Starting to look like a 'bloke?


I think he might be...


Eventually he turned out like this. I want to redo his trousers.  I am not entirely happy with them.  I also want to make a proper shirt and a waistcoat for him.  I might try working on those this weekend when I get some time.  I might also try and make his footwear look more like work boots/shoes.  I'm a bit undecided yet.

Anyway, I already had a name for him, and he seems happy with it. 

Meet Howard Hawthorne.  (Finally continuing my garden plants theme which I originally started for these little dolls before I got somewhat side tracked!)

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a bloke, and handsome in a rugged sort of way. He looks like he could be the gardener.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.