Sunday 25 August 2019

Creative Weeks 14 - 16

There has still been some creativity happening on my better days when I have been able to sit up on the settee.  We had a week away and I thought I was doing okay, but within two days of getting back I was struck back down with more severe pains which landed me back in hospital and in resus as I collapsed.  I don't really remember that part, but hubby said it was scary!  I think I just passed out from the pain.  Still don't know what is going on.  Two A & E visits in just a month is way too much for my liking!

Anyway, this fellow has helped cheered me up and I really enjoyed making him.


Meet Geoffrey, who can't quite decide if he is an Alpaca or a Llama!



I am really pleased with how his face turned out.



He makes me smile.

I have started a 'Three Elephant Project', making one each for myself, my sister and my Mum.  My Mum sadly probably won't know what it is, and probably won't even really acknowledge it, she is sadly that bad now, but I at least know what it would have meant to her and it can sit in her room.  My Mum used to love elephants and made a lovely elephant embroidery picture that is on the wall in my parent's home.  The first poem my Dad ever taught me to learn off by heart was about an elephant and so it just seemed a fun little project to do.


This is Mavis



Martha





Mavis and Martha - the first two elephants.  I think the final one, which will probably be my Mum's will be in dark grey.  I don't think I have enough of the light grey to make the third. 

They are knitted with some of my fabulous New Zealand Merino Wool that I bought while in NZ this year.

I have two more little rag doll so on the go.  One is for a swap, so I can't show them yet.  They still need their faces, eyes and clothes.  The other rag dolls I have been making (shown on the last Creative post) also need some more clothes and underwear made, but I just haven't been feeling like sewing or doing those.  

I just love the next project that I made for my Daughter in Law's birthday.


I have really enjoyed making this special animal.  


Her name is 'Sally' the Arapawa Sheep and she is made with Arapawa Wool and her dress is NZ Merino, so she has true Kiwi roots.  









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I crocheted a little pumpkin


Really pleased with how this turned out, so can see me making some more.  A nice little quick and easy project.


A little dress for Martha Elephant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I have almost finished the bear I am making for my husband's birthday - just have to sew it up now when he isn't around and make a little outfit for him.




6 comments:

  1. Your animals have so much personality! I love them all, especially the the llama and elephants. So sorry to hear about your persistent health problems. Hopefully better days are ahead.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so indeed, it has been very frustrating. The animals are a lot of fun and I have been really enjoying making them.

      Delete
  2. So very sorry to hear you are still suffering with the mystery illness, but glad you were able to get away for a week. Hope you are soon well again.
    Your crocheted/knitted animals are adorable. The enjoyment of making them surely should help in your recovery.
    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I was lucky that I wasn't too bad while we were away so enjoyed the week away I feel like I have been missing the summer to a large extent!

      The animals and the creating of them has been a good distraction. :)

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I hope that the doctors will be able to find what is going on and help you. I hope that you will have a speedy recovery.

    I love the little animals you have made. The elephants are adorable. The sheep is sweet. And well, Geoffrey, he has much personality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. Have had a couple of days where I have felt not too bad, so hopefully on the mend - not before time!

      Geoffrey is certainly a character and you can't help but smile when you see him.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.