I've wanted to make a complete set from one of my vintage knitting patterns for a while, and this week I managed to do so. The pattern was 'Sindy Holiday Outfit' by Emu, number 6691. I used one of my lovely new Naturually Waikiwi wools that I bought while in NZ to knit the dress.
This is the pattern. I did think about knitting it in very similar colours, but wanted to use the yellowy yarn for the dress.
I'm really pleased with how the set knitted up.
Kiwi Sindy is pretty pleased as well, she is just hoping we actually get a summer in which she can wear it!
Two more little dresses were knitted, but can't show those yet.
I made some more dresses for my Etsy Shop, and of course duplicate ones for my own dolls.
This little dress went into my Etsy shop and I was thrilled when it sold the very next day, and is now on its way to Singapore - exciting!
This little dress is currently in my Etsy Shop.
Below are the two dresses I kept for my girls. As I try not to repeat using the same fabric for the same dress, I have started making two of each so that I can keep one, and sell one. Having not got copies of some of the clothing I have made in the past, I thought it would be nice to have one for my own dolls as well.
I made a little flowery denim skirt for Kiwi Sindy.
Due to the rather wet summer we have been having, we thought it prudent to make Kiwi Sindy a raincoat.
This is my first prototype, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
I have prepared four little rag dolls to work on in the evenings.
Lastly I have knitted a little Duffle Coat for Kiwi Sindy, again a reflection of the type of weather we are having!